13 December 2010

Kai-Oi Jay Yung.

Today I went to Kai-Oi Jay Yung’s exhibition the ‘Interval; A Narrative Psychosis’ at the Cornerhouse.

I've written an exhibition review on this, so I don't want to repeat myself, so I'll keep it brief...

The exhibition overall interested me through its stage design, it reminded me much of the interior of a house, though perhaps a house in Hong-Kong, noticeable through the constant reminder of Chinese decoration and video footage. The video's themselves I wasn't that blown away from, I mean they were interesting to listen to, though some dragged on a little bit, and it took me to about the tenth video clip to start to understand a little bit about the overall theme of the exhibition, and what Yung was trying to put across to her audience.

I've written my exhibition review on this is particular because I think it's important to talk about art which you don't necessarily like, because in a way I have more of an opinion about an exhibition like this as appose to something which I love very aspect of.

No comments:

Post a Comment