24 July 2011

manchester museum!







i went for a little visit to the museum about a week ago and reallyyyy enjoyed it! I know it's awfull, but i've not actually been to the museum in the 3 years i've been living in Manchester! i've always had an interest in history and i'm really fascinated with things which are dated so far back, i think its crazy how they have been kept in such good condition.
The mummies were the thing that shocked me the most, you could actually see their old rotting body casts peaking out from under the 'mummy bandaging', it was all a bit eariee. My favourite part of the museum was the taxidermy upstairs, it was a real pleasant suprise for me because i had no idea there was taxidermy displayed in there! it gave me good inspiration and kind of put a few things into perspective, making me realise that i really do have a fascination for animal/charcter scenario's, because i was immediately attracted to the stiffed animals and thinking of ideas for my work. That evening i went back home and experimented with my ideas, and i'm excited about the prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment